National Quemoy University
Department of Business Administration
We invite applications for one (1) assistant professor.
Type: Full-time, beginning in February 1, 2020.
Application Due: All documents must be received by Sep. 30th, 2019.
Qualification and experience
- Doctoral degree with a specialization in management or related discipline.
- Candidates with experience with EFL/ESL students in a university/college level setting are encouraged to apply.
- Fresh and seasoned applicants are encouraged to reply.
Job description and responsibility
- The position is a non-tenure track, project-based post. Initial post is for one year, renewable based on overall performance.
- Course instruction is to be delivered in English.
- Nine-hour teaching load per semester.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, planning, developing and delivering lesson plans; teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses; managing classroom activities; providing students with guidance to accessing resources; supporting course objectives; serving on department, college, university committees; and performing administration duties as needed to support the department.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
- CV (with contact email, telephone, address, Skype).
- Unofficial photocopies of PhD diploma and transcripts (or letter indicating date of intended conferral). Foreign diploma and transcript for successful applicant must be verified by the ROC (Taiwan) overseas embassy representative center prior to appointment.
- A teaching philosophy statement.
- Teaching syllabi for management (or related) courses you have taught or intend to teach.
- Doctoral dissertation and publications in journals or conferences.
- Contact information for three professional references (telephone, email, mailing address) and two letters of references.
- Additional documents for reference you feel support your application (e.g. students’ course evaluations).
Applications materials cannot be returned.
Please mail your documents to
Personnel Office, National Quemoy University (C/O Business Department Recruitment)
# 1 University Road
For more information, please contact Ms. Hsiu by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 886-82-312771.
National Quemoy University (www.nqu.edu.tw) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or veteran’s status as it relates to student enrollment or hiring. NQU University is accredited Taiwan Ministry of Education.
The university offers approximately 5,000 local and international students a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs.